The MBA Internship Program
The Edwards MBA Internship Program (EMIP) is an 8-month work experience program taken in January of the 1st year of a two-year program of study. Students admitted to the internship program who successfully secure a work placement must pursue their MBA over a minimum of two years. No exceptions.
Designed for students with little or no work experience, an internship through the Edwards MBA Internship Program will be a value-added component of the Edwards MBA Program. Work placements provide additional opportunities for learning and mentoring and are designed to provide new MBA students with much-needed business experience while they apply their academic knowledge to the workplace.
Securing an Internship
Once accepted, interns will
- Meet with Edwards Career Services staff to determine goals and objectives and a strategy to secure an internship work placement
- Attend all mandatory professional development workshops and complete required assignments
- Communicate with Edwards Career Services throughout the process on a regular basis
- Apply to available work placements. Starting in September, opportunities will be posted on a secure area on CareerLink, an area only Edwards work experience students can access.
- Interview with interested employers. Employers wanting to make a formal offer will submit their offer through Edwards Career Services
Please be aware that there is no guarantee of a work placement. It is the student's responsibility to obtain suitable employment by utilizing all resources and support provided by the Edwards Career Services office. Students unsuccessful in finding a work placement continue with their studies in Edwards.
How To Apply
To apply to the Edwards MBA Internship Program, please contact the Co-op Coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
- May-Jul 31 : Accepting applications
- Last Week of August/First week of Sept: Admission interviews/acceptance notification/introductory workshops (prior to MBA Orientation TBA)
- Sept 9: Networking Open House
- Sept - Nov : PD workshops
- Sept - Dec : Students pursue placement opportunities
- Dec : Work placement orientation session(s)